How to Animate with Photoshop


For my Youtube video assignment, I decided to create a "How To" video showing how to animate on photoshop. I had a little difficulty figuring out how to record video of my computer screen but I eventually found out that Quicktime has a convenient and easy to use feature designed for that exact purpose.  With a simple click, I began recording and got to work drawing a simple animation. I made sure to clearly show each step I took and kept the drawing simple so that viewers would not be intimidated if they're a less experienced artist. Once I had that recorded I threw the clip into After Effects and chopped it up a bit, I cut out slow parts where not much was done and sped up repetitive motions where I was drawing several similar frames. Next, I recorded audio of myself explaining what steps I took and offering advice. Then I created an interesting graphic to include at the beginning and maybe at the end. I will cut all these gathered media together next week and I'm looking forward to seeing the final piece. Overall, this was a fun experience and didn't take up too much time, it feels good to share knowledge and think that someone may see this and it could spark a curiosity and interest in animating. What are you knowledgeable on that you could share with the world?

Comments

Popular Posts